Thursday, May 14, 2009

ATC's (Artist Trading Cards)


This is my first attempt at ATC's. I was preparing to attend the Fiska-Friendzy event at the Queen Mary in Long Beach. We had the option to create themed ATC's for the event and were able to swap with fellow Fiskateers.

I didn't even know what ATC stood for and did quite a bit of research. Quite interesting. M. Vänçi Stirnemann originated the idea in 1996 in Switzerland. The miniature cards, about the size of a baseball trading card, were intended to be traded not sold and were used basically as a business card for artists.

Scrapbookers have taken their own spin on these cards using techniques that one would use in their albums. The reverse side of my ATC's have been numbered, include my contact information, information about the event that this was made for and a small photo of me.

Below are some ATC's that were at the event. I enjoyed the process and will most likely make ATC's again!

No comments: